This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement for more information.
My youngest is starting kindergarten this year and I’m so excited! Kindergarten is such a wonderful time, and I’m really looking forward spending it with her.
This was one of the easiest years for me, as far as choosing curriculum. I already knew most of what I wanted to use before I started planning. Blossom and Root Kindergarten will make up the bulk of our curriculum for the year. I decided not to use Singapore Math for kindergarten, as I had with my oldest. We will introduce it in first grade instead. We will be using Wild Math Kindergarten, in addition to the math / science that’s built into Blossom and Root Kindergarten. I’ve also added a few wonderful pieces to give our days some gentle rhythm and seasonal connections.
I’ve made a video to share all of our choices for the year ahead. It’s long, so look for the time stamps in the video notes if you’re curious about one particular subject.
Our Kindergarten Curriculum Choices:
In addition to the choices I talk about in the video, she will begin attending the same enrichment program as my oldest, once a week. She will also choose an extracurricular activity (I think she’s got her eye on martial arts this year, but we’ll see when fall comes.) And I will be using all of the amazing things I’ve learned from The Brave Learner by Julie Bogart to guide me in our year together.
- Language Arts and Literature: Blossom and Root Kindergarten (see Scope and Sequence for full book list)
- Math: Wild Math Kindergarten, Blossom and Root Kindergarten
- Science and Nature Study: Blossom and Root Kindergarten
- Art, History, and Geography: Blossom and Root Kindergarten
- Music: Beginner’s Guitar for Kids with Winden and Squiggy, Legends of the Staff of Musique, SQUILT
- Extras: Whole Family Rhythms, Rooted Childhood
- The Brave Learner by Julie Bogart
What will you be using for the year ahead? I would love to hear, so please feel free to share in the comments!
Get Your FREE Trial Issue of Book Seeds By Blossom & Root!
This FREE issue, inspired by the book The Three Sunflowers by Janet Lucy, includes two weeks of activities including nature study, STEAM, art project, recipe, and exploring language and poetry. Suitable for ages 3 - 8. Grab yours today!