Blossom & Root: Give Your Child a Beautiful Beginning!
Please click here for important information regarding future updates, including updated book lists for the second revision coming in Fall 2020 (Don’t worry–you’ll receive the second revision if you’ve purchased the original edition!)
Please note: All Blossom and Root products are delivered via PDF download. We only offer digital curriculum downloads at this time. We do not offer printed / bound products.
Our big end-of-summer sale is here! Enter the code sunflower30 at checkout to take 30% off everything in our store! Please be sure to wait for the total to refresh after entering the code, and before proceeding with your payment. Code will be active from July 25th, 2020 to September 15th, 2020.
Are you struggling to find a secular Pre-K curriculum for your child?
Do you dream of providing a hands-on program for your young learner but aren’t sure where to start?
Do you wish you could find a comprehensive open-and-go Pre-K curriculum full of nature, the arts, and beautiful children’s literature, in addition to a gentle introduction to key academic foundations?
Do most of the available programs make you cringe with the thought of extensive weekly preparation, hours of screen time, or a workbook-based program with no hands-on or play-based learning?
Do you long to provide your child with an experience that is joy-filled, low-pressure, and full of delight?
We know. You want your child to fall in love with learning, right from the start. You want to nurture their hearts, as well as their minds. You want their days to be full of discovery and beauty, not repetitive drills and random workbook pages.
Well, you’ve come to the right place!
Blossom & Root Early Years was designed to provide parents with a preschool (Vol. 1) or Pre-K (Vol. 2) curriculum that focuses on the development of the whole child. Each of the 36 weeks of lesson plans includes:
– Picture and Composer Studies
– An Activity for Exploring Artistic Expression (Click here to read a blog post about one of the art activities from Vol. 2!)
– 5 Days of Reading / Writing Readiness Lessons, Focusing on Letter Recognition and Letter Sounds (Vol. 2)
– A Suggested Read-Aloud From a List of Some of the Best Titles in Children’s Literature, With a Variety of Activities to Bring It to Life.
– Three Days of Early Math Foundations Lessons (Vol. 2) or Hands-On Math Exploration (Vol. 1)
– A Hands-On S.T.E.M. Activity (Vol. 2) or Playful Early Science Activity (Vol. 1)
– A Kindness and Connectivity Activity (Vol. 1)
– Tips and Suggestions For Including Kitchen Classroom & Interest-Based Investigations In Your Day
Both volumes also include a comprehensive parent guide, suggested schedule, book and supplies lists for each of the learning areas, and suggested resources.
We designed our curricula to work for the parent on a budget, and provide suggestions for acquiring all of the needed books, music, art, and supplies at minimal cost. You won’t find a $500.00 minimal investment requirement here! Most of our activities use what you already have around your home!
We also designed them with the busy parent in mind. Whether you’re a working parent, or a homeschooling mom of five kids in different learning stages, you can give your prekindergarten student an exceptional start with Blossom & Root Early Years. Most days require an hour or less of focused time together.
With Blossom & Root Early Years, you can truly give your child a beautiful beginning! They will make friends with some of the most influential and important artists and composers in human history, listen to you read from the best children’s literature ever written, explore their own artistic voice, discover the beauty of the world right outside their door, and play with early engineering and science concepts, all while developing a solid foundation in early math and reading readiness that will provide them with confidence in the years to come.
Who is Blossom & Root Early Years for?
– Parents who need a secular Preschool or Pre-K curriculum for their child
– Parents who want their child’s first years of learning to be filled with exposure to the arts, nature, and quality children’s literature
– Parents who need a curriculum that gently introduces early academic foundations in a developmentally-appropriate way, and moves at their child’s own unique pace
– Busy parents who need an open-and-go program with minimal prep time each week (half an hour or less!)
– Parents on a budget that cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a boxed curriculum package
– Parents who want their child’s homeschooling experience to be beautiful, rich, and full of delight
– Parents with hands-on learners
Who is it NOT for?
– Parents who need a curriculum that includes Bible study or a religious perspective
– Parents who want a curriculum that their child can do completely independently (Our curriculum requires about an hour a day, 4 to 5 days a week, of focused time together.)
– Parents who prefer workbooks to hands-on activities
– Parents who want an online school experience for their child
– Parents who need a rigorous academic program for their child
– Parents who need every supply, book, and material for their year included in their purchase (Our curriculum is designed to use a few basic art supplies, typical household items, and many books that can be found at a library or on amazon.com)
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) How much time is required every week to complete this curriculum?
Most of our lessons can be divided up into about an hour of focused time together, five days a week. Our lessons are short, most of them around ten minutes long. We want your child to have LOTS of time for free play and outside time, and believe they can have a rich learning experience without spending their entire day buried in worksheets.
2) How much preparation time will it require?
A typical week in our curriculum will require around half an hour (or less) to prepare for. We suggest looking at the book and supply lists in the parent guide as soon as possible, and collecting your materials before the school year begins. Books can be ordered online, found in used book stores, or borrowed from the library.
3) Does my child need to know their letters and numbers before we start?
Absolutely not! We spend our year developing a strong foundation in letter recognition, identifing letter sounds, numerals, quantities, and patterns. If your child is not yet showing interest in learning their letters or numbers, we suggest beginning with Volume 1 first.
4) Can I read a sample first?
Yes you can! Grab it right here:
5) I know this isn’t a workbook-based program, but my child loves workbooks. Can I still use some of our favorites?
We strongly believe that you know your child better than ANYONE else. If your child loves to do workbooks, you can absolutely include a few pages each week to supplement our program. We even give suggestions and tips on how to choose quality pages, and avoid developmentally-inappropriate ones, in the parent guide. The same thing applies to apps and computer games. Feel free to supplement our program with them, if your child enjoys them. They are not necessary – your child can have a complete early education with our curriculum – but if they help your child comprehend the concepts we are introducing, by all means, supplement!
6) Can non-secular families use Blossom & Root Early Years?
Of course! You are free to add a favorite Bible study to our curriculum to make it work for your family. Blossom & Root was designed to make an early education that is rich in nature, the arts, and quality literature, accessible to ALL families.
7) Are there any refunds, returns, or exchanges?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide ANY refunds, returns, or exchanges. Due to the nature of a digital download, these options are NOT available. Please be certain of your decision before you purchase this curriculum. If you have any technical difficulties downloading your curriculum, please contact us immediately and we will help you.
8) How many weeks of lesson plans are there in this curriculum?
We provide 36 full weeks of lesson plans.
9) Who created this curriculum?
Kristina Garner, the voice of Blossom & Root, wrote the Early Years curriculum for parents looking for an early education for their child with an emphasis on nature, the arts, quality literature, and a hands-on approach to learning. She has a B.A. in theatre from the University of Colorado at Denver, is ECE teacher and director certified, and spent over 15 years working with children ages 2 1/2 to 13 in a variety of educational and outreach settings. She now homeschools her two young daughters and dedicates her time and energy to developing high-quality educational materials for homeschooling parents. Her passion for the arts and nature in education drives her to create the best possible curriculum and materials for early home education.
** If you have a kindergartener too, be sure to check out our gumroad store for Early Years / Kindergarten bundles. You can save $10 to $15 with these, so don’t miss them! You can get to our store by clicking right here! **
Want a free sample of Vol. 1 or Vol. 2? Just click below to download a free sample right now! Please feel free to send me any questions you have on our contact page. 🙂
Get Your FREE Trial Issue of Book Seeds By Blossom & Root!
This FREE issue, inspired by the book The Three Sunflowers by Janet Lucy, includes two weeks of activities including nature study, STEAM, art project, recipe, and exploring language and poetry. Suitable for ages 3 - 8. Grab yours today!