Our Third Grade Curriculum (Full Bundle) is now available!
Our big end-of-summer sale is here! Enter the code sunflower30 at checkout to take 30% off everything in our store! Please be sure to wait for the total to refresh after entering the code, and before proceeding with your payment. Code will be active from July 25th, 2020 to September 15th, 2020.
You can purchased individual pieces as well. Click on the links below to see individual listings in our store:
*Optional 13-week Prehistoric Life Extension Unit is included in the purchase of third grade science or the full third grade bundle.
Samples For Third Grade:
Year 3 Science: Wonders of the Animal Kingdom
Year 3 Science Extension Unit: Wonders of the Prehistoric World
Year 3 Language Arts: Curiosity and Courage
Year 3 Nature Study: Wonders of the Animal Kingdom
Year 3 Art: Exploring the Math in Art
Blossom & Root Third Grade was designed to provide parents with a third grade curriculum that focuses on the development of the whole child. Our comprehensive program includes:
- An innovative art curriculum, integrating math concepts, picture study, and weekly art projects that stimulate the imagination and encourage creativity
- A lively, adventure-filled science curriculum and coordinating nature study curriculum focusing on the animal kingdom. Includes a student notebook for science and a nature notebook to document your adventures. Also includes Wonders of the Prehistoric World, a 13-week extension unit.
- A living-books inspired language arts program full of stories of curiosity and courage. Includes engaging literature projects, journaling, word building, vocabulary, narration, grammar / mechanics, and copywork. This curriculum also integrates geography through creation myths from the around the world and an optional survey of world religions and celebrations. Also includes a coordinating Creative Extensions Guide that encourages your child to explore new forms of artistic expression through a variety of storytelling mediums–both ancient and modern!
- Complete parent curriculum guides (includes detailed *yet flexible* lessons, book and supply lists, budget-friendly tips for curriculum implementation, and more.)
We carefully designed our curriculum to work for the parent on a budget, and provide suggestions for acquiring all of the needed books, music, art, and supplies at minimal cost. You won’t find an $800.00 minimal investment requirement here! Most of our activities use what you already have around your home, and are designed to be flexible for all budgets and families.
We also designed our curriculum with the busy parent in mind. Whether you’re a working parent, or a homeschooling mom of five kids in different learning stages, you can give your third grader an exceptional year with Blossom & Root Third Grade. Most days require approximately 2 1/2 hours of focused time together. Best of all, our science, nature study, art projects, and many of the read-alouds in our language arts program, can all be done as a family, even with a wide range of ages.
With Blossom & Root Third Grade, you can truly give your child a year of curiosity and wonder! They will make friends with some of the most influential and important artists in human history, listen to you read from the best children’s literature ever written, explore their own artistic voice, discover the beauty of the world right outside their door, and play with science concepts, all while developing a solid foundation in reading, writing, and investigative thinking that will provide them with confidence in the years to come.
** PLEASE NOTE: All of our products are delivered via digital download. We do not print or mail hard copies of any curriculum at this time. Due to the nature of digital downloads, we do not offer any returns, exchanges, or refunds on any of our products.**
Who is Blossom & Root Third Grade for?
- Parents who need a secular third grade curriculum for their child
- Parents who want their child’s elementary years to be filled with exposure to the arts, nature, science, and quality children’s literature
- Parents who need a curriculum that gently builds academic foundations in a developmentally-appropriate way, and moves at their child’s own unique pace
- Busy parents who need an open-and-go program with minimal prep time each week (half an hour or less!)
- Parents on a budget that cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a boxed curriculum package
- Parents who want their child’s third grade experience to be beautiful, rich, and full of delight and wonder
- Parents with hands-on and / or creative learners
Who is it NOT for?
- Parents who need a curriculum that includes Bible study or a religious perspective (our curriculum is built upon a secular world view.) We include an optional survey of MANY world religions in this level, for families that would like their children to be familiar with them in order to prepare for world history curriculum, etc.
- Parents who want a curriculum that their child can do completely independently (Our curriculum requires about two and a half hours a day, 4 to 5 days a week, of focused time together.)
- Parents who prefer workbooks to hands-on activities. Our third grade curriculum does include three notebooks / workbooks, but they are not what you will find at the local school supply store. They were designed for open-ended exploration of subject matter, imaginative responses, and developmentally-appropriate reflection. You will not find endless pages of handwriting or drills here. (Our package includes Student Nature Notebook, Student Language Arts Notebook, and Student Science Notebook, all of which integrate with the parent guides.)
- Parents who want an online school experience for their child
- Parents who need a rigorous academic program for their second grade child
- Parents who need every supply, book, and material for their year included in their purchase (Our curriculum is designed to use a few basic art supplies, typical household items, and many books that can be found at a library or on amazon.com. Our curriculum does include the notebooks your child will use in conjunction with the parent guides. We recommend you print and bind them before beginning.)
- Parents who need every day’s activities planned out for them. We give a weekly overview, not a daily schedule, and encourage rhythm over rigor, lots of rabbit-trails, and incorporation of interest-led learning.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) How much time is required every week to complete this curriculum?
Most of our lessons can be divided up into about two and a half hours of focused time together, five days a week. Our lessons are short, most of them around twenty to thirty minutes long. We want your child to have LOTS of time for free play and outside time, and believe they can have a rich learning experience without spending their entire day buried in worksheets.
2) How much preparation time will it require?
A typical week in our curriculum will require around half an hour (or less) to prepare for. We suggest looking at the book and supply lists in the parent guide as soon as possible, and collecting your materials before the school year begins. Books can be ordered online, found in used book stores, or borrowed from the library. Be sure to print and bind the student notebooks before beginning. You can also simply put them into a three-ring binder.
3) What level should my child be reading at before beginning?
Please refer to our scope and sequence for third grade, at the top of this page.
4) Can I read a sample first?
Yes you can! Scroll up this page to find samples of every piece of our third grade curriculum, as they become available!
5) Will I need to add a structured math program to this curriculum?
Yes, you will need to add a math program to our third grade curriculum. We do not include a math program in our third grade offerings. Wild Math is a wonderful, nature-based option that we feel integrates well with our curriculum. Right Start and Singapore are also wonderful options.
6) Can non-secular families use Blossom & Root curriculum?
Of course! You are free to add a favorite Bible study to our curriculum to make it work for your family. Blossom & Root was designed to make an early education that is rich in nature, the arts, and quality literature, accessible to ALL families.
7) Are there any refunds, returns, or exchanges?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide ANY refunds, returns, or exchanges. Due to the nature of a digital download, these options are NOT available. Please be certain of your decision before you purchase this curriculum. If you would like, you can visit https://blossomandroot.com for a FREE sample download to try before you buy. If you have any technical difficulties downloading your curriculum, please contact us immediately and we will help you.
8) How many weeks of lesson plans are there in this curriculum?
We provide 36 full weeks of lesson plans.
9) Where can I learn more about Blossom & Root?
You can visit us at https://blossomandroot.com or at any of our social media channels (Instagram and Facebook are the most frequently updated.) @blossomandroot
10) Who created this curriculum?
Kristina Garner, the voice of Blossom & Root, wrote the Early Years, Kindergarten, and First Grade curricula for parents looking for a home education for their child with an emphasis on nature, the arts, quality literature, and a hands-on approach to learning. She has a B.A. in theatre from the University of Colorado at Denver, is ECE teacher and director certified, and spent over 15 years working with children ages 2 1/2 to 13 in a variety of educational and outreach settings. She now homeschools her two young daughters and dedicates her time and energy to developing high-quality educational materials for homeschooling parents. Her passion for the arts and nature in education drives her to create the best possible curriculum and materials for early home education at an affordable price for homeschooling families.
Get Your FREE Trial Issue of Book Seeds By Blossom & Root!
This FREE issue, inspired by the book The Three Sunflowers by Janet Lucy, includes two weeks of activities including nature study, STEAM, art project, recipe, and exploring language and poetry. Suitable for ages 3 - 8. Grab yours today!